Common Wealth Assessment Working Group
What is the value of community? How do we measure the wealth of community? What are the signs of community vitality?
Wealth in America typically is assessed entirely in terms of money and things that can be readily valued in terms of money, such as stock certificates and real estate.
This money-centric view leaves out most of the real wealth of a community: its common spaces and community assets such as civic organizations and libraries; and perhaps most important the time and know-how of its members.
West Marin has an abundance of such hidden wealth and this group is working towards a means of assessing it …
Commons Connect Forums provide a virtual gathering place to those who live and work in the West Marin Community. (Access to this local online forum is limited to those who work and live in the geographical area outlined here.)
A single registration allows community members to post local events on the Community Calendar, to post items of immediate importance on Alerts, and to access all of the forums including:
- West Marin Soapbox: Campaigns, Causes, and Discussions
- Over-the-Hill-Gang: Rides and Errands
- West Marin Share: Reuse materials; share information and services - a money free zone
- West Marin Marketplace: rentals; things and services for sale
- Tending the Wild Collaborative: An Ethnobiology Project
- Local Food System Initiative: Food and garden related shares and information
- Think Local West Marin: Appreciation and applause for our neighbors
- Commons Connect Tech Support: Help with our Web site features
- Volunteering Opportunities in West Marin: Help our local non-profits